How It Works
To request a free or low cost training create an account using our Online Training Request System (OTRS). The OTRS allows users to:
- View CalSAC Trainers to find the best fit for your needs
- View training modules including summaries and learning objectives
- Make a training request and manage your trainings
Scroll down for step by step instructions on how to use the OTRS. Click here to download the Agency User Guide!
Note: In using the Online Training Request System, you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step 1: Creating and Accessing an Online Training Request System Account
To create an account you will need to click Log-in and fill in the required fields. If your agency has more than one program site that will be requesting trainings, we suggest that you set up separate accounts for each of your sites. Once you have created an account you will gain acces to your agency profile where you can manage your requested trainings.
Step 2: Creating your Agency Profile
Once logged on, you will be able to view your agency homepage. You can edit your agency profile by clicking on Manage My Agency Profile. The information you provide in your profile will be shared with CalSAC Trainers who accept your training requests to better prepare them to provide you the highest quality training services.
Step 3: Viewing Training Topics & Trainers
On the Browse Modules page you will be able to review a complete list of the modules that CalSAC offers. This modules list can be reduced by using the page filter. Clicking on a module title will lead to a page with a description of the modules including the content overview and learning objectives. You may also download a complete list of available modules or download a list of our FREE modules.
Step 4: Making a Training Request
To the right of the module description there is an Add to Cart box. In the Add to Cart box you will enter all of the pertinent information about the upcoming training. You can request a specific trainer or select no preference and leave it open for any available trainer within the Trainer Network to accept. When selecting county please select the county where the training will occur.
Please note all training requests need to be made 2 weeks in advance.
Once the Add to Cart button is clicked the training you requested will be added to your shopping cart. Please verify the information in the training request. If all of the information is correct you can continue on by pressing the Checkout button to pay for the training.
If you would like to request additional modules, you can return to the Browse Modules page and add more requests.
Step 5: Managing Your Training Requests
Unclaimed requests that have not yet been accepted by a CalSAC Trainer can be viewed on your agency homepage under My Upcoming Sessions. You can view the details of your training requests by clicking on the Claim/Details link next to each request. From here you can cancel or make changes to your request before it is accepted by a trainer. Once a request has been accepted, you can no longer cancel or make changes to the request.
If you need to cancel or make changes to your request, you must communicate directly with your assigned CalSAC Trainer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By requesting CalSAC Training, agencies agree to:
- Have at least 10 participants at the training. This is vital to ensuring a quality training experience.
- Provide the trainer with copies of requested handouts, if needed. This helps us to keep our costs for training low.
- Provide the requested room set up and AV equipment needed to ensure a quality training environment.
- Inform the trainer of a cancellation at least 72 hours prior to the training event. If a training request has not been accepted by a trainer, the agency can cancel the event in the OTRS.
- Participate in evaluations or surveys, if receiving a free training or service.
- Pay invoices for fee based services upon receipt and no later than 30 days after the completion of the training.